Followers

Friday 9 November 2012

Crafts4Eternity - My first design team entry

Hi
I am so pleased to have been invited to join the design team of crafts4eternity blog challenge. This is a weekly challenge blog run by the lovely Michele who owns  crafts4eternity craft shop based in Weston-Super-Mare or you can purchase online by clicking the link. All new challenges commence on friday at 8a.m. GMT. I join the team at challenge 97# Terrific Tags - Your challenge is to make something using a tag. Here is my very first design team offering....



Its a tag that I have displayed in an altered box lid and then added rusty wire to turn it into a wall hanging.
firstly the box was covered in torn book paper then coloured using a mixture of dylusion sprays, distress stains, distress inks and gesso. The tag was then coloured with all the inks left on my craft mat. Then with a dry brush I have painted gesso on the tag to give me a clear space to add my image which is from the fabulous Dina Wakley collection. Machine stitching and a wooden heart which has been stamped with a little of the main image in crimson archival ink finish the tag off. I have added some ripped corrugated card coloured in the same way for texture and painted some chicken wire with gesso to add more texture. Barcode and dotty srtip stamp are from urban beats & urban life by creative expressions. The sentiment is from the empowered words collection by Unity Stamp Company which again I have stamped in crimsom archival ink, cut up, and mounted onto black card, I have toned down the white card with distress ink. The ribbon is from Graphic 45 and the little bit of vintage lace from my stash.
Hope you like it and I have inspired you to join along with us this week at crafts4eternity with your tag creations.
thanks and hopefully see you over there
I am also entering into this weeks challenge over at crafts and me challenges where the challenge is to use RED on your project.
love
Amanda x


8 comments:

  1. Congrats Amanda with your designership!!

    This entry is so nice!!! Enjoy...

    Have a nice weekend, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrat and my compliments, the tag is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is fabulous! have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Amanda! This is amazing! Love your first DT post and what you have done with this Dina Wakley. Love the chicken wire also and your sentiment. keeleyxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats!!

    Love from The Netherlands,
    Leintje*

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tag is awesome!
    Welcome to the C4E team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Completely fantastic, Amanda! I love everything about it - the twisted wire, the colours and textures, the amazing sentiment, jagged stitching and the general sense of dynamic movement... an amazing work of art! Thank you for the inspiration...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous first project Amanda! Welcome to the C4E team :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.