Followers

Thursday 4 September 2014

A Very difficult week

Hi
and huge big hello and welcome to my latest followers, thankyou for sharing my journey. This week has been a terrible week. Following a frantic call late saturday evening I have spent the week at the bedside of my very sick step mother. With the prognosis that she would probably only survive a couple of days I am pleased to say that she has been showing signs of improvement and has been moved to another hospital ward to be cared for. Needless to say my Dad is not for moving from her side because she is a long way from being in any position to go home, so we are all just waiting.........
I have though this week, mostly in the early hours of the morning because I couldn't sleep, being playing in my neglected art journal. It gave me a chance to ink up at least one of my new Dylusions stamps that are just sitting in a pile.
The one I have used here is "Survivor"
the other pages uses an old favourite Dina Wakley stamp - "Grungy Silhouette"
These pages are just a collection of splodges and ramblings.
I don't know really if they are any good, whatever good is? but making them this week has helped me a lot.
 
 
Thanks for visiting
Love
Amanda X


12 comments:

  1. Oh dear Amanda, so sorry to hear of your traumatic week, but I'm glad to hear she seems to be getting slightly better.
    Love what you've created in the early hours, they are very dark, deep and mysterious - fabulous makes, both of them

    Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sad to read about the bad health of your stepmother, Amanda...hopefully she will improve! Take care....
    Your pages are different, so much to see but also to admire!
    Greetings, Alie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous journal page Amanda. Sorry to hear about your step mother I hope she will continue to improve hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic pages, great blend of images and colours. Hope all goes well for your stepmum.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amanda Your artwork is gorgeous. Loving the red black and white. So desperately sorry to hear about your step mother. I do so hope she pulls through. I guess it is the real life events that sadly give our art journal pages so much depth, but also a release. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sad time for you at the moment Amanda but isn't crafting a wonderful hobby to have. Takes your mind off all those not so nice thoughts that keep creeping in and keeps everything positive. Fabulous art pages sweets.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous journal pages Amanda, your strength shows through in the designs and colours. Sending you lots of positive vibes and big hugs. Brenda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is often in the darkest times that an artist creates their most beautiful and meaningful work, Your grave concern for your stepmother shows here, Amanda, and it is touching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about your stepmother Amanda, but glad art journaling helped you cope. Love these pages, to me they speak of honesty and release; they're not just beautiful pages, but pages full of meaning x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during these difficult days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How awful for you all... Am hoping that improvements have been continuing. The pages are so powerful, full of depth and trouble. Wishing you all well.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Use this advice to make the best choices for your issue. Don’t just hire the very first lawyer you talk to. Do some research for the best results.
    www.biketowork2013.com |

    www.midwestmarketingtesting.com |

    www.booksharmexcursions.com |

    www.experiencetheserenity.com |

    www.jabuconsulting.info |

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.