Followers

Friday 10 April 2015

"Colour" Inspirational Piece for Craft Stamper Take it Make it Challenge

Hi Everyone
I was lucky enough to win the February Challenge for "Stencil it!"
and you can see that piece HERE
As a winner I have been invited to design an inspirational piece to support this months challenge 
"Take a Technique: COLOUR 
I hope you like it and that is does inspire you to come over and play along, you can join in with this colour challenge HERE


I have made an 8" x 8" canvas board. 
Onto a piece of printed paper I gelli printed the black squares using a stencil I cut on my silhouette cameo. I then roughly coloured in some of the squares using a mixture of Dina Wakley paints and Dylusions paints. Background has been stamped with the alphabet stamp from Dylusions "Basic Backgrounds" set
Onto a seperate piece of card I painted stripes of colours using Dylusions paint and when dried stamped the fabulous Dylusions Image from the "Survivor" stamp set and highlighted with a white gel pen. with the painted card that was left I stamped the circles from Dylusions "Around the Edge" stamp set and punched them out using circle punches. I then appled these pieces the main image is flat but the circles are applied with 3D silicone gel for a 3D effect.
The main image has been edged with a soft black Stabilo pencil to add some depth.


final sentiment is from Dylusions "Laugh till you Leak" stamp set.
Hope you like it and that it has inspired you to come along and play with this months Colour Challange
This is my 2nd post today, my first post is HERE to launch the new challenge over at That's Crafty Challenge Blog where are theme is "Grunge,Grunge,Grunge
thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

11 comments:

  1. Wow this is completely captivating Amanda!! You colours are so vibrant and the highlighting and shadowing really give the piece dimension! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A veritable kaleidoscope of colours.....ooh get her! I love this....a packet of skittles melted and put on a card,this world NEEDS more colour!
    Big rainbow hugs
    Donna xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a real colourful beauty! Have a colourful and inky weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the vibrant colours!! Cool idea to stamp the face on painted stripes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous inspiration Amanda! So colourful and wonderful layout. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowzer - colour and then some! Congrats on your win and guest spot - what a fabulous funky offering.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats again Amanda...and this make is stunning, with all the colours and shapes! Very creative!
    Greetings, Alie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic inspiration of colour xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly is colourful ! Love it !
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! You can certainly rock the colourful pieces! Love this! keeleyx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.