Followers

Friday 11 September 2015

Lovely Leaves - For That's Crafty Challenge Blog

Hi everyone
It's time to start another fortnightly challenge over at 
and our theme for the next 2 weeks is 
"Lovely Leaves"


With not much crafty time on the agenda at the moment sadly. I needed to make something reasonably quick. So out came the gelli plate. I made this early Wednesday morning before I went to work and what the neighbours must have thought as I foraged around my front garden at 8am in the morning with a bed head and a pair of large scissors whilst still in my dressing gown I do not know?
I collected a selection of leaves that were to be used for my piece. Armed with a selection of cuttings I took them back to my craftroom.
I brayered on a selection of Paperartsy fresco paints onto the gelli plate and then laid the leaves on top of the paint. Taking a piece of copy paper I then pulled a print, this removed some of the paint surrounding the leaves. I then removed the leaves, which had made imprints into the paint and pulled another print. This 2nd print captures all the detail the leaves left in the paint.
I then stamped my sentiment which is from Tim Holtz "Written Thoughts". Mat and layered onto an 8 x 8 card blank. Done!
I know it is relatively simple but I think it creates a fabulous effect, even if the creative process does scare the neighbours.
My talnted team mates have created some wonderful creations with leaves which is well worth a look HERE
Hopefully you will feel inspired to come and join in with us. As always, one lucky winner will win a£20 voucher to spend online at That's Crafty
Thanks for stopping by
Love
Amanda X

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely adore this Amanda. Such a fantastic idea to base your creation on real leaves. It came out beautifully hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It' may have been quick and easy Amanda, but looks a stunning piece of artwork.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Amanda and I would have loved to see the look on the faces of your neighbours... lol
    Corrie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who cares what the neighbours think?! What beautiful leaf prints - absolutely glorious, Amanda.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this has worked out perfectly xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.