Followers

Thursday 3 May 2018

New Stencil Play

Hi Everyone
As I have got home from work at a reasonable time today, first time this week, I have got time to write this post and share a card I have made using a new stencil that I found on Ebay. 


I just love this stencil so hope you like what I have made with her. All was created onto a gelli print from my stash and I started with the central stencil first marking out with a white pen the face area which I then filled in by painting it out with white paint. I then laid the stencil over this and stencilled the black using black archival ink. 


Onto a piece of copy paper I then stencilled it through again and cut it out to act as a mask. I then built up my background using a stencil from That's Crafty and a selection of Tim Holtz stamps one being his new postal stamps, again likely to become a favourite.
I also added some foiling of Chinese letters stamping the glue and foiling over the top.


The sentiment I added is quite subtle as I have heat embossed it in black but it reads 'Be your own kind of Beautiful' you can see it better on the card than the photo captures it.

I've arrived home to a large parcel of crafty goodies so I might manage a little crafty play as long as I don't fall asleep on the sofa which is more than likely to happen lol!
Thanks for stopping by
Love 
Amanda X



8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous piece, beautiful stencilling and a fantastic background. Love . Tracy ❤️😘

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous artwork Amanda and love the black and white contrst to the black stamping and stencilling.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous card Amanda, the stencils look fabulous, she is a very beautiful image,
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card Amanda, love your new stencil.
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a beauty Amanda, you've taken stencilling to a whole new level! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you got time to play and share today - I think you've done wonders with the stencil - I love the glow of her face at the heart of all that detail.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spooky, I've been fancying this stencil too! Love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful and so colorful! I love the Asian theme and what you did with the stencil.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou for taking the time to leave me a comment, I really appreciate it.